Beef and Pasta Salad
with Creamy Garlic Dressing
This tasty entrée salad—with veggies and a creamy garlic dressing—works just as well with poultry or pork.
1 cup dry rotini or cavatelli pasta
1 cup fresh green beans cut into 2-inch lengths or 1/2 of a 9-ounce package frozen cut green beans
1 1/2 cups (8 ounces) cooked beef, cut into thin strips
1 medium carrot, shredded
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup sliced radishes
1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar or white vinegar
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1 to 2 tablespoons milk (optional)
Salad savoy leaves (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, preferably al dente (firm to the bite). Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Meanwhile, cook the green beans in a small amount of boiling salted water for 20 to 25 minutes or until crisp-tender. (If using frozen beans, cook for 5 to 10 minutes.) Drain beans; rinse with cold water and drain again.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, green beans, cooked beef, carrot, onion and radishes.
- For dressing, in a small mixing bowl, stir together mayonnaise or salad dressing, yogurt, vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and dry mustard. Pour dressing over the pasta mixture. Toss to coat. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- If necessary, stir milk into the pasta mixture before serving. Serve on a bed of salad savoy leaves, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.