Beef Steak & Roasted Vegetable Salad
Pan-grilled beef steak, sliced and served with a medley of roasted vegetables on a bed of salad greens dressed with Italian dressing.
1 pound boneless beef top loin or tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
8 cups torn salad greens
3/4 cup prepared Italian dressing
16 small mushrooms
1 large red, yellow or green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch wide strips
1 medium Japanese eggplant, sliced (1-inch)
1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
1 medium zucchini, sliced (1-inch)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Spray 15 x 10-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Place vegetables in pan; spray generously with cooking spray. Drizzle with vinegar; sprinkle with garlic, rosemary and salt and pepper. Stir to coat.
- Roast in 425°F (220°C) oven 30 to 35 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook top loin steaks 12 to 15 minutes (tenderloin steaks 10 to 13 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Remove; let stand 10 minutes.
- Carve steaks; season with salt. Arrange beef and vegetables on greens. Serve with dressing.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the Beef Industry Council.