California Avocado Mille Feuille (1000 Layers)
Recipe courtesy of California Avocado Commission.
4 colorful tomatoes (red, yellow, orange)
4 lettuce leaves (green leaf, Boston or frisée)
1 ripe California avocado, seeded, peeled and thinly sliced into 16 slices - divided use
1 tablespoon virgin olive oil - divided use
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - divided use
4 (1/4-inch thick) slices buffalo mozzarella - divided use
1/2 cup prepared crab or tuna salad - divided use
- Slice each tomato into 4 slices. Place a lettuce leaf on each salad plate.
- To Assemble Stack:
- Place a tomato slice on lettuce, top with 1 tablespoon crab or tuna salad and one slice avocado, sprinkle with oil and vinegar.
- Top with another tomato slice and 1 slice avocado, sprinkle with oil and vinegar.
- Top with another slice of tomato and top with 1 slice mozzarella and 1 slice avocado, drizzle with oil and vinegar.
- Top with remaining tomato slice and remaining 1 tablespoon crab or tuna salad and avocado slice, drizzle with oil and vinegar.
- Repeat process preparing 4 stacks. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Avocado Commission.