A festive layered cherry and cranberry gelatin salad, perfect for the holidays and special occasions.
1 (16-ounce) can tart red pitted cherries
1 (3-ounce) package cherry gelatin
1 (16-ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
1 (3-ounce) package lemon gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 cup miniature marshmallows
2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- Drain cherries, reserving cherry syrup.
- Add enough water to reserved cherry syrup to make 1 cup liquid. Heat to boiling and add the cherry gelatin, stirring until dissolved.
- Add cherries and jellied cranberry sauce, mixing well. Turn into 9 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish and refrigerate.
- Dissolve lemon gelatin in boiling water.
- Beat mayonnaise and cream cheese together and add to lemon gelatin. Stir in undrained pineapple, chill until partially set.
- Whip cream and fold into partially set lemon mixture along with marshmallows. Spread over cherry layer, sprinkle with nuts and chill until firm.
Makes 12 servings.