Cherry Cola Salad
This festive pink gelatin salad mold is sure to become a holiday favorite.
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 (10-ounce) bottle maraschino cherries, undrained
1 (3-ounce) package cherry-flavored gelatin
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup cola-flavored beverage (do not use diet)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Drain pineapple and cherries, reserving liquids in a medium saucepan.
- Sprinkle gelatin over liquid mixture, and let stand 1 minute.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves; remove from heat.
- Add cream cheese, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in fruit, cola-flavored beverage, and pecans.
- Pour into a serving dish or a lightly oiled 4-cup mold. Cover and chill until firm.
Makes 6 servings.