Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
This recipe for Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad
with Melon Relish was submitted by Gloria Bradley, Naperville,
Cilantro Lime Chicken
Salad with Melon Relish
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe
1/2 cup diced jicama
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon seeded, minced jalapeno pepper
1 green onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons bottled oil and vinegar dressing
6 cups bite-size mixed salad greens
- In zip-lock plastic bag, mix together
lime juice, maple syrup, cilantro, cumin and garlic salt. Reserve
4 tablespoons mixture and set aside. Place chicken in plastic
bag, seal and shake to coat. Refrigerate and marinate 30 minutes.
Remove chicken from marinade; set aside.
- In small saucepan, place marinade and
heat to boiling; boil 1 minute.
- Place chicken on broiler pan (or grill
chicken, if desired). Set temperature control at "Broil"
and arrange oven rack so chicken is about 6 inches from heat.
Broil, turning and brushing with marinade, about 10 minutes or
until fork can be inserted with ease. Remove chicken from oven;
- In medium bowl, make relish by mixing
together cantaloupe, jicama, red pepper, jalapeno pepper, onion
and 1 tablespoon reserved marinade.
- In small bowl, make dressing by blending
oil and vinegar dressing with 3 tablespoons of reserved marinade.
- In large bowl, place salad greens; add
dressing mixture and toss to coat.
- To serve, divide salad greens among 4
plates; cut chicken in slices and arrange over salad greens.
Spoon relish over chicken. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, lime
slices, raspberries and cantaloupe slices.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National
Chicken Council. Used with permission.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.