Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad with Melon Relish
This terrific recipe for Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad with Melon Relish was submitted by Gloria Bradley, Naperville, IL.
1/2 cup lime juice
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons minced cilantro leaves
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 cup diced cantaloupe
1/2 cup diced jicama
2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
1 tablespoon seeded, minced jalapeno pepper
1 green onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons bottled oil and vinegar dressing
6 cups bite-size mixed salad greens
- In zip-lock plastic bag, mix together lime juice, maple syrup, cilantro, cumin and garlic salt. Reserve 4 tablespoons mixture and set aside. Place chicken in plastic bag, seal and shake to coat. Refrigerate and marinate 30 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade; set aside.
- In small saucepan, place marinade and heat to boiling; boil 1 minute.
- Place chicken on broiler pan (or grill chicken, if desired). Set temperature control at "Broil" and arrange oven rack so chicken is about 6 inches from heat. Broil, turning and brushing with marinade, about 10 minutes or until fork can be inserted with ease. Remove chicken from oven; keep warm.
- In medium bowl, make relish by mixing together cantaloupe, jicama, red pepper, jalapeno pepper, onion and 1 tablespoon reserved marinade.
- In small bowl, make dressing by blending oil and vinegar dressing with 3 tablespoons of reserved marinade.
- In large bowl, place salad greens; add dressing mixture and toss to coat.
- To serve, divide salad greens among 4 plates; cut chicken in slices and arrange over salad greens. Spoon relish over chicken. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, lime slices, raspberries and cantaloupe slices.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.