Cottage Pineapple Ring
This creamy lemon gelatin ring mold, with crushed pineapple, cottage cheese, sour cream and maraschino cherries, makes a festive side dish for holidays and special occasions.
1 (8.5-ounce) can crushed pineapple
2 (3-ounce) packages lemon-flavored gelatin
3 cups boiling water
1/3 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup dairy sour cream
1 cup (8 ounces) cream-style small curd cottage cheese
1/4 cup quartered maraschino cherries
5 maraschino cherries, halved
- Drain pineapple reserving juice.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir until gelatin is thoroughly dissolved. Add pineapple juice. Chill until jelly-like in consistency.
- Fold in sour cream, cottage cheese, pineapple and quartered maraschino cherries.
- Arrange maraschino cherry halves in bottom of 6 1/2 cup ring mold; pour gelatin mixture over cherries. Chill until firm.
- To unmold, dip into warm water and turn out on chilled serving plate.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.