Cranberry Cream Cheese Gelatin Salad
A festive citrus and cranberry layered gelatin salad perfect for both fall and winter holiday entertaining.
1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
4 cups chopped fresh cranberries
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 (6-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
1 (3-ounce) package lemon flavored gelatin
1 cup boiling water
2 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water. Let stand about 5 minutes to soften.
- In a bowl, combine cranberries, sugar and pecans.
- Blend orange juice and softened gelatin in a small saucepan over medium heat until gelatin dissolves.
- Combine gelatin with cranberry mixture and pour into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- Dissolve lemon gelatin in 1 cup of boiling water.
- In a separate bowl, gradually blend lemon gelatin into softened cream cheese. Pour over cranberry mixture in pan. Return to refrigerator and chill until firm.
Makes 12 servings.