Festive Holiday Salad
You can decide how fancy you want to arrange this composed salad. Very pretty on a buffet or for a family dinner.
1 large pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks or 1 (16-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
1 large jicama, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
3 large navel oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
3/4 cup orange juice
2 large bananas, sliced
1 (1-pound) can whole pickled beets, drained
1 large apple, cored and cut into wedges
1 ripe pear, cut into wedges
Seeds from pomegranate
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablepoons chopped green onions
- Combine pineapple, jicama, orange slices, orange juice and lime juice in large bowl. Refrigerate overnight.
- Line large platter with lettuce leaves, if desired.
- Drain marinated fruit, reserving juice.
- Arrange marinated fruit, bananas and beets atop lettuce in concentric pattern, starting at edge of platter. Arrange apple and pear in center. Sprinkle salad with pomegranate seeds and peanuts.
- For vinaigrette, combine 3/4 cup of the reserved fruit juice, the vinegar, chili powder, oil and onions.
- Serve salad; pass vinaigrette separately.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.