Frozen Cranberry Banana Salad
A festive frozen fruit salad made with whole cranberry sauce, sliced bananas, pineapple tidbits, toasted nuts and whipped topping.
1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits
5 medium, firm bananas, sliced
1 (16-ounce) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 (12-ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
1/2 cup toasted nuts
- Drain pineapple juice into a medium bowl; set pineapple aside. Add bananas to the juice.
- In a large bowl, combine cranberry sauce and sugar.
- Remove bananas, discarding the juice. Add to cranberry mixture. Stir in pineapple, whipped topping and nuts.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Freeze until solid.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
Tip: To toast pecans, bake at 375°F (190°C) for about 5 minutes, stirring often.