Gouda and Red Salad Pizza
A pre-baked pizza crust is topped with shredded Gouda cheese and balsamic vinaigrette marinated radiccio, red onion, roasted red bell pepper and plum tomatoes.
2 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon Dijon or other grainy mustard
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 medium head radiccio, thinly sliced
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 roasted red bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 ripe plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) grated Gouda cheese - divided use
1 (12-inch) prebaked thin pizza crust
- In a medium bowl, combine garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, mustard and maple syrup. Set aside for approximately 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have wilted. Drain.
- Add radiccio, red onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and 1 cup gouda cheese; toss gently to coat.
- To assemble pizza: Spread 1 cup Gouda over prebaked pizza crust, evenly spread vegetable mixture over cheese and top with remaining 1/2 cup Gouda cheese.
- Bake at 500°F (260°C) until cheese melts, about 12 minutes.
- Let stand a few minutes before slicing.
Makes 4 servings.