This low-fat rendition of Crab Louis makes a first-class lunch or light supper entrée.
6 cups torn mixed salad greens
3 Florida Grapefruit, peeled
2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
2 (6-ounce) cans crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
1 small green sweet pepper, sliced into rings
1/4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1 large hard-boiled egg white, chopped
1 tablespoon catsup
Few drops bottled hot pepper sauce
- Line 4 individual plates with lettuce leaves; top with torn greens.
- Section grapefruit over a bowl to catch juice; set juice aside. Remove seeds from sections.
- Arrange grapefruit sections, tomatoes, crabmeat, and pepper rings on top of greens.
- For dressing: In a bowl combine 2 tablespoons of the reserved grapefruit juice, the mayonnaise, yogurt, hard-boiled egg white, catsup, and hot pepper sauce. If desired, stir in additional grapefruit juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency.
- Top each salad with some of the dressing mixture.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of The Florida Department of Citrus.