Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
A lovely and delicious composed grilled
chicken salad with green beans, orange and mango slices drizzled
with a fruity cilantro vinaigrette and garnished with toasted
- Cilantro Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup papaya or apricot nectar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green beans, diagonally
cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 orange, peeled with pith removed and
- 1 mango, seeded, peeled and sliced
- Toasted sesame seed
- For Cilantro Vinaigrette: Combine all
ingredients in a screw-top jar, cover and shake well.
- For Chicken: Rinse chicken, pat dry with
- In a medium glass bowl, combine 1/4 cup
vinaigrette and the chicken. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator
for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. Drain, reserving
- Grill chicken on an uncovered grill directly
over medium-hot coals for 12 minutes. Turn chicken and brush
with reserved marinade; grill 3 to 6 minutes more or until tender
and juices run clear. Discard any remaining marinade.
- For Salad: In a small saucepan cook the
green beans, uncovered, in a small amount of boiling water about
15 minutes or until crisp tender. Drain beans.
- To Serve: Divide torn salad greens between
two dinner plates. Slice each chicken breast crosswise into 6
to 8 pieces. Reassemble chicken breasts on top of the greens.
Arrange the cooked beans, orange slices and mango slices on greens
in a decorative manner. Shake reserved vinaigrette well; drizzle
some over each serving. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seed.
Makes 2 servings.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.