Grilled Steak and Asian Noodle Salad
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1/3 cup reduced-fat or regular Asian sesame dressing
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick (about 1 pound)
6 ounces uncooked whole grain spaghetti
1 (8-ounce) package sugar snap peas
1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 cup packaged shredded carrots
Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and 3 tablespoon marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade until ready to use.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill steak, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium-rare (145°F | 62.7°C) to medium (160°F | 71.1°C) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding vegetables during last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain. Combine pasta and vegetables with reserved marinade in large bowl. Evenly divide among 4 bowls.
- Carve steaks into slices. Evenly arrange beef over pasta and vegetables. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 423; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 50mg; Total Carbs: 48g; Fiber: 9g; Protein: 35g; Sodium: 502mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.