This deliciously easy macaroni salad, with
cubes of tender cooked ham, chunks of sweet pineapple and fresh
cilantro is sure to be a big hit!
Hawaiian Pasta Salad
- 1/2 pound dry elbow macaroni, prepared
according to package directions and cooled
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in 100%
pineapple juice, drained (reserve liquid for dressing)
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Tablet,
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Half of 7.6 fluid-ounce can NESTLÉ
Media Crema Ligera Lite Table Cream*
- 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Combine macaroni, pineapple chunks and
ham in large bowl; set aside.
- Dissolve bouillon in hot water. Combine
dissolved bouillon, media crema, pineapple juice, mayonnaise
and vinegar in small bowl. Add dressing to pasta mixture; mix
- Add chopped cilantro. Serve immediately
at room temperature or chilled.
Makes 8 servings.
*Or substitute with a 1/2 cup half-and-half
or light cream.
Tip: This refreshing salad is also delicious
with 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (toasting the nuts makes
them even better!).
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8
of recipe): Calories: 230 Calories from Fat: 70 Total Fat: 7
g Saturated Fat: 3 g Cholesterol: 20 mg Sodium: 380 mg Carbohydrates:
31 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 9 g Protein: 8 g
Recipe and photograph are the property
of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.