Holiday Eggnog Salad
This festive eggnog gelatin salad mold is sure to become a holiday family favorite.
2 (8.5-ounce) cans crushed pineapple
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 envelope (1 tablespoon) unflavored gelatin
3/4 cup celery, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups pasteurized eggnog
1 (3-ounce) package raspberry gelatin
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 (10-ounce) package frozen cranberry orange relish
- Drain pineapple juice from both cans into a 1 quart saucepan. Set aside crushed pineapple. Over high heat, bring juice to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir in lime juice and unflavored gelatin. Pour into a medium mixing bowl and set over a larger bowl filled with ice water. Stir occasionally until the mixture thickens, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in celery, reserved pineapple and eggnog. Pour into lightly-oiled 6 cup mold; refrigerate until set, about 1 hour or overnight.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine raspberry gelatin and boiling water. Stir for 2 minutes until gelatin completely dissolves.
- Add the relish; stir until thawed.
- Set over a larger bowl filled with ice water. Stir occasionally until the mixture thickens, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour over eggnog mixture; refrigerate until set, about 4 hours or overnight. Unmold and serve.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.