Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Slices of grilled chicken, cubes of tender-cooked
potato and green grapes are tossed in a raspberry mint vinaigrette
and served on a bed of mixed greens, garnished with fresh raspberries
and toasted slivered almonds.
Idaho Potato and
Raspberry Grilled Chicken Salad
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds Idaho Potatoes, peeled
(if desired) and cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
breast, grilled or broiled
- 3 large Belgian endive, sliced (about
2 1/2 cups)
- 3 cups romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
- 1 bunch watercress, large stems removed
- 1/2 cup bottled raspberry vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 cups green grapes, halved
- 1/2 pint container (1 cup) fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted, optional
- Over high heat, bring a large pot of water
to boil. Add cubed potatoes to boiling water; return to boiling
and simmer 6 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain potatoes
and set aside or refrigerate.
- Slice cooked chicken into thin strips.
- Mix together washed greens (endive, romaine
and watercress) and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, mix together vinaigrette,
mustard and mint.
- Toss dressing mixture with grapes and
chicken. Stir in potato cubes.
- To serve, arrange greens on a platter
(or on individual dishes), top with salad mixture and garnish
with raspberries and almonds.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
Idaho Potato Commission.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.