Island Turkey Salad
A delicious tropical entrée salad using leftover turkey, chunks of pineapple, mangoes and sweet red grapes, tossed with a tangy honey mustard dressing.
1 (10-ounce) package hearts of romaine salad blend
1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, juice reserved
1 large mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
1 cup seedless red grapes
1 1/2 cups cubed leftover cooked Butterball® Turkey
1/4 cup honey mustard
1/4 cup sliced honey-roasted almonds
- Cover large serving platter with lettuce. Top with pineapple, mangoes, grapes and turkey.
- Whisk mustard and all of the reserved pineapple juice in small bowl until well blended. Drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with almonds.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Honey-roasted almonds are generally found in the produce section of the grocery store. Or substitute with plain roasted sliced almonds.
- One bag (10 ounce) romaine hearts equals 6 cups.
- Substitute 1 cup sliced peaches for the mango.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Butterball, LLC.