This salad involves everything you would
put on a loaded baked potatosour cream, bacon, cheddar,
chives, onion, butterin a refreshing presentation. Potatoes
are great vehicles for flavor, whether theyre hot or cold!
Loaded Baked Potato
- 4 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled
- 1 pound bacon, crisply cooked, and chopped
into 1/2-inch pieces (fat reserved, if desired)
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups grated or shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream (regular or low-fat)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook whole potatoes in boiling, unsalted
water until tender. Refrigerate until chilled, then chop into
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl
along with the remaining ingredients and thoroughly combine.
Add some of the reserved bacon fat if desired.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Adjust the seasoning prior to serving.
Makes 2 quarts.
Note: Any condiments or toppings typically
added to a loaded baked potato may be used for this recipe.
Recipe provided courtesy of Idaho Potato