Beef Steak Wrap
Grilled, thin-sliced teriyaki-marinated beef steak is served in warm flour tortillas with shredded Napa cabbage and a spicy pineapple salsa.
1 1/2 pounds flank steak
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
12 (10-inch) flour tortillas
2 cups shredded Napa cabbage or lettuce
Spicy Pineapple Salsa:
1 (15.25-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
1 medium cucumber, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 green onions, sliced
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Make 1/4-inch-deep cuts on both sides of steak, about 1 inch apart in a diamond pattern, with a sharp knife.
- Combine steak and teriyaki sauce in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal and turn to coat. Chill 2 hours.
- Remove steak from marinade, reserving marinade. Bring reserved marinade to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Grill steak, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350°F to 400°F / 175°C to 205°C) 7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness, basting with reserved marinade.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil, and place on hot grill 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Cut steak across grain into thin slices, and place evenly down center of tortillas; top with cabbage and Spicy Pineapple Salsa. Roll up, and serve immediately.
- For Spicy Pineapple Salsa: Combine all ingredients; cover and chill. Makes 4 cups.
Makes 12 sandwich wraps.