Blue Benedict Sandwich
Hot English muffin sandwiches filled with butter-fried eggs, ham, roasted red pepper strips, fresh mozzarella cheese and blue cheese.
5 tablespoons butter - divided use
4 large eggs
4 (1-ounce) slices ham
4 wide strips roasted red pepper
4 whole English muffins, split (8 halves)
4 (1-ounce) slices Wisconsin Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
1/3 cup Wisconsin Blue Cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Break 4 eggs into pan; fry 2 to 3 minutes. Flip each egg over; cook 1 additional minute or to taste. Remove from heat.
- Warm ham slices and roasted red pepper strips in pan, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast English muffins and butter each half with remaining butter. Place muffins, buttered side up, on baking sheet. Top 4 halves with warm ham slice, followed by an egg, roasted red pepper and 1 slice fresh mozzarella. Sprinkle blue cheese over 4 remaining halves.
- Heat in oven 2 to 3 minutes until cheeses soften.
- Place blue cheese muffin tops on sandwiches; serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Adapted recipe and photograph courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.