Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1 1/2 pounds ground beef or ground beef patties
1/4 cup beer
1/4 cup steak sauce
4 (1/2-inch thick) slices sweet onion
4 (1-ounce) slices Swiss cheese
4 crusty rolls, split
- Combine beer and steak sauce in 1-cup glass measure. Cover and microwave on HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until bubbly.
- Lightly shape ground beef into four 3/4" thick patties.
- Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange onion around patties. Grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes to medium (160°F | 71.1°C), until patties are not pink in center and onions are tender, turning occasionally. Season with salt after turning.
- About 2 minutes before patties are done, brush generously with sauce and top with cheese.
- Serve burgers and onions in rolls with lettuce and sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.