Burrito Turkey Burgers
Recipe courtesy of National Turkey Federation.
Vegetable cooking spray
2 pounds ground turkey
1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
1 cup chopped onion
1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1 (16-ounce) can non-fat refried beans
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Spray cold grill rack with vegetable cooking spray. Preheat charcoal grill for direct-heat method cooking.
- In medium bowl combine turkey, chiles, onion and seasoning mix.
- Thaw burger patties and grill 3 to 4 minutes, turn and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes or until 1160°F (71.1°C) is reached on meat thermometer and meat is no longer pink in center.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Spread each tortilla with 1/4 cup refried beans and sprinkle with lettuce.
- Place burgers in center of each tortilla and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cheese over top. Fold sides of tortilla over burger to create a burrito.
- Apply hot sauce and salsa to taste.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 474; Total Fat: 29g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Total Carbs: 29g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 34g; Sodium: 872mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of National Turkey Federation.