Caesar Steak Sandwich
The stir-fry method puts the quick and easy in this tasty sandwich that features the flavors of the classic salad.
1 pound beef for stir-fry
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons non-creamy (vinaigrette-style) Caesar dressing
2 cups torn romaine lettuce
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese - divided use
4 (6-inch) hoagie rolls, split, toasted
- Marinate beef in 1/3 cup dressing in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Remove beef; discard marinade.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Stir-fry 1/2 of beef 1 to 2 minutes or until surface of beef is no longer pink; remove. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Toss lettuce with 2 tablespoons dressing and 2 tablespoon cheese. Serve beef in rolls with lettuce and remaining cheese.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.