Cheese Accordian Loaves
Festive, pull-apart and fun-to-eat party sandwiches.
1 loaf Italian bread, uncut
1/4 cup melted butter
8 (1-ounce) slices Wisconsin Provolone cheese
8 (1-ounce) slices Wisconsin Mozzarella cheese
1 large tomato, thinly-sliced
1 medium onion, thinly-sliced
Black olives, sliced
- Make 15 cuts in the bread, yielding 16 equal slices. Do not cut all the way through bottom crust.
- Brush melted butter on all cut surfaces of bread.
- In first cut, place cheeses, tomato, onion and black olive slices. Leave second cut empty. Repeat until every other cut is filled.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 15 to 20 minutes or until bread is hot and cheese is melted.
- To serve, cut through bottom crust at unfilled cuts. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.