Cheesy Meatloaf Sandwiches
One of the best things about meatloaf is the leftovers to make sandwiches—and this Asiago cheese laden loaf makes one terrific sandwich!
1 pound ground beef
6 ounces ground pork
1 cup grated Asiago cheese
1 large egg
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
2 teaspoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons whole-grain style mustard
8 French rolls
8 leaves of lettuce
2 tomatoes, sliced
16 slices provolone cheese
- For the meatloaf, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl, combine all of the meatloaf ingredients. Mix well and pack into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake the loaf until cooked through and browned, 55 to 60 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and drain the excess grease. Let the loaf cool completely before slicing. Cut loaf into 8 slices.
- For Sandwiches: Mix together the mayonnaise and mustard.
- Split the rolls and top each bottom bun with lettuce, 2 tomato slices, 1 meatloaf slice, 2 provolone slices, and 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise/mustard spread. Top with the roll tops.
- Serve the sandwiches with potato salad or French fries.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.