Chicken-Avocado Sandwich Wrap
Fajitas-style sandwich wraps filled with marinated and grilled chicken, red and green bell pepper, onion and avocado mayonnaise.
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 large green bell pepper, seeded and quartered
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
1 large sweet onion, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
8 (10-inch) flour tortillas
2 small ripe avocados
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients.
- Place chicken breasts in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; pour half of vinegar mixture over chicken. Place bell pepper, onion, and avocado in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; pour remaining vinegar mixture over vegetables. Seal bags, and chill at least 1 hour, tossing occasionally.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from marinades, discarding marinades.
- Grill chicken and vegetables, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350°F to 400°F | 175°C to 205°C) 20 minutes or until chicken is done, turning once. Remove vegetables from grill when done. Cool; cut chicken and vegetables into strips (if needed).
- For Avocado Mayonnaise: Peel avocados, and mash in a small bowl; stir in mayonnaise and remaining ingredients. Cover and chill. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- Spread tortillas with Avocado Mayonnaise. Place chicken and vegetables on tortillas; roll up. Cut in half diagonally.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.