Grilled, crumb-coated sandwiches filled with a tasty chopped chicken and Swiss cheese spread and asparagus spears.
1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup diced celery
1/4 cup diced Wisconsin Swiss cheese
8 slices bread
1 (14.5-ounce) can asparagus spears, drained
1/2 cup butter
1 (2.3-ounce) package seasoned coating mix for chicken
- Combine chicken, mayonnaise, celery and Swiss cheese. Spread on four slices of the bread.
- Arrange asparagus spears atop filling; top with four more slices bread.
- Melt butter on griddle or in skillet; use to brush outside of sandwiches.
- Coat sandwiches with coating mix for chicken.
- Grill until center is hot and coating is golden.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.