Classic Beef Cheeseburgers
You have to love the classic cheeseburger, especially when you know that it is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
2 teaspoons steak seasoning blend
4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
4 slices cheese (such as cheddar, American, Swiss, etc.)
4 lettuce leaves
4 tomato slices
Suggested Toppings: Ketchup, mustard, onion slices, pickles
- Combine ground beef and steak seasoning in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 3/4-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 13 to 14 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F (70°C), turning occasionally. About two minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese slice.
- Line bottom of each bun with lettuce leaf; top with tomato slice, burger, and toppings, as desired. Close with top of bun.
Makes 4 servings.
- To prepare on stovetop, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F (70°C), turning occasionally.
- Other popular burger toppings include grilled or caramelized onions, blue cheese, bacon, sautéed mushrooms and barbecue sauce.
- Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com; through ARAcontent.