Cobb Salad Sandwich
Soft hoagie rolls filled with all the yummy ingredients that make up the classic Cobb salad.
3 large avocados, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup lemon juice
6 soft white hoagie rolls, split
1 cup oil-and-vinegar dressing - divided use
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1 cup fresh watercress (optional)
6 small green onions, sliced
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
5 plum tomatoes, sliced
12 ounces roasted turkey or chicken breast slices
12 ounces thick smoked bacon slices, cooked crisp
- Toss together avocado and lemon juice; set aside.
- Brush cut sides of rolls with dressing, and place on a baking sheet; reserve remaining dressing.
- Bake rolls at 425°F (220°C) for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Toss together lettuce, watercress, if desired, green onions, and reserved dressing. Arrange mixture evenly on top halves of rolls; top evenly with blue cheese, cheddar cheese, and tomato.
- Layer turkey, bacon, and avocado slices on bottom halves of rolls. Close sandwiches.
Makes 6 servings.