Curried Chicken and Rice Wrappers
with Chutney Cream
This recipe for Curried Chicken and Rice Wrappers with Chutney Cream was submitted by Julie DeMatteo of Clementon, New Jersey.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
4 tablespoons lime juice - divided use
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil - divided use
2 teaspoons paprika
2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder - divided use
1 teaspoon cayenne - divided use
1 teaspoon salt - divided use
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice, hot
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup dry roasted peanut halves
1 (4-ounce) tub roasted garlic cream cheese
4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mango chutney
1/4 cup toasted coconut
- In self-sealing plastic bag, place chicken.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons lime juice, sugar, 1 tablespoon oil, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon curry, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cumin; pour over chicken and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- To rice, add garlic, pineapple, green onions, peanuts, remaining lime juice, remaining curry, remaining cayenne and remaining salt; keep warm.
- Drain chicken.
- In large skillet over medium high heat, place 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken and sauté about 5 minutes per side or until brown and cooked through.
- Remove chicken to cutting board and cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Spread cream cheese on tortillas. Divide rice evenly across center of each tortilla; top with chicken. Fold up bottom, then sides and roll up tightly. Cut in half diagonally and serve with Chutney Cream.
- For Chutney Cream: Mix together sour cream, chutney and toasted coconut.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.