Grilled Pork Panini
This recipe for grilled Italian panini feature thinly sliced grilled boneless pork chops topped with pesto and provolone cheese. Serve with creamy coleslaw and potato chips for an easy meal.
4 boneless pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick
3/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
8 slices Italian bread
1/2 cup purchased pesto
4 (1-ounce) slices Provolone cheese
- Place chops in large, resealable bag; pour vinaigrette dressing over. Seal bag and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
- Prepare medium-hot grill.
- Remove chops from marinade and pat dry. Discard remaining marinade.
- Grill chops directly over heat for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. Remove chops from grill and allow to set for 10 to 12 minutes before slicing thinly.
- To Make Panini: Spread 1 tablespoon pesto on each slice of bread. Top four slices of bread with the sliced pork chops and cheese; top each sandwich with remaining bread. Lightly brush outer surface of sandwiches with olive oil.
- Grill in a medium-hot skillet until toasted on each side.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.