Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
These hot and tasty homemade ham and Swiss
cheese sandwich pockets are made easy with ready-to-use puff
Homestyle Ham and
- 12 frozen puff pastry squares (5 x 5 inches
each), thawed according to package directions
1/2 pound thinly sliced ham
6 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 pound Swiss cheese
1 tablespoon water, and additional water, as needed
1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Lay the puff pastry squares out on a lightly
floured surface. Place 2 ounces of ham on half of the squares,
leaving a 1/4-inch border all the way around. Spread 1 teaspoon
of Dijon mustard evenly over the ham, and top with 2 ounces of
- Lightly brush the border of each square
with water. Place the remaining square evenly on top of the cheese.
With the prongs of a fork, seal the pastry all the way around.
- Combine the egg with the water, beat well.
With a pastry brush, baste all of the squares with the egg wash,
and prick the tops with a fork.
- Place the squares on a parchment-lined
sheet pan (12 pockets per sheet pan) and bake for 10 to 12 minutes,
or until golden brown and puffy.
- Serve the pockets immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
Note: Any type of meat can replace the
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.