Monumental Muenster Melt
This is one monumental party sandwich that is sure to be a big hit with guests. Recipe by Mary Pat Cox, Scottsdale, Arizona.
1 1/2 pound loaf round sourdough bread
1/2 cup raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing
12 ounces cooked chicken slices
4 ounces brick cheese, sliced
4 ounces Muenster cheese, sliced
6 ounces apricot preserves
1/4 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
8 ounces Brie, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- With a serrated knife, slice horizontally through top of bread. Pull out soft center from bottom portion of loaf, making a bread bowl.
- Drizzle bottom and top halves of loaf with salad dressing.
- Fill bread bowl with chicken, brick and Muenster cheese slices. Spread preserves over cheese and sprinkle with almonds. Top with Brie slices. Place bread top over filled bowl.
- Wrap with foil and bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Slice into 6 wedges and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: To toast almonds, place almonds on baking sheet in preheated 350°F (175°C) oven and bake until lightly toasted, 5 to 7 minutes.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Dairy Association.