Mushroom-Stuffed Pork Burgers
Mushroom lovers will enjoy these tasty pork burgers. They look extra special but they're easy to prepare. Serve on buns with sliced tomatoes and feta cheese, and a side of roasted potato wedges.
3/4 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons butter
1 1/2 pound lean ground pork
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Hamburger buns for accompaniment (optional)
- In medium skillet, sauté mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Combine ground pork, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; mix well. Shape into 12 patties, about 4 inches in diameter, set aside.
- Spoon equal portions of mushroom mixture onto center of 6 pork patties. Spread to within 1/2 inch of edge. Top with the remaining 6 patties; seal edges.
- Place patties on grill about 6 inches over medium-hot coals. Grill 10 to 15 minutes, turning once.
- Serve on buns, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories 294 calories Protein 19 grams Fat 22 grams Sodium 202 milligrams Cholesterol 85 milligrams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.