Roast Turkey Panini
Recipe kindly provided by Chef/Owner John Strohm of Palm Springs Koffi in Palm Springs, California.
1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
Italian seasoning blend, as needed
1 slice ciabatta Italian bread, cut in half lengthwise and then cut in half
2 tablespoons whole cranberry sauce
4 ounces roasted turkey slices, sliced thin
3 thin slices red onion
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Season cream cheese with a few dashes of Italian seasoning; spread on one slice of bread.
- On the other bread slice, spread the cranberry sauce.
- Layer the roasted turkey slices and onion on top of the cream cheese bread slice. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Prepare a preheated grill/griddle (medium heat) with cooking spray and grill for 3 to 5 minutes or until the bread is golden brown.
- Cut in half, on the diagonal, and serve immediately.
Makes 1 serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 recipe): Calories: 480; Calories From Fat: 80; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 110mg; Total Carbs: 57g; Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 15g; Protein: 43g; Sodium: 450mg.
Recipe courtesy of National Turkey Federation.