Your whole family will enjoy this pizza-style sandwich roll filled with creamed spinach, ham, pepperoni, marinara sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
1 (16-ounce) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
1/2 pound thinly sliced cooked ham
1 (12-ounce) package STOUFFER'S Creamed Spinach
1 (3.5-ounce) package sliced pepperoni
1 (14-ounce) jar marinara or spaghetti sauce - divided use
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Thaw creamed spinach in microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes; set aside.
- Roll bread dough into a 15x15-inch square on a lightly floured surface. Arrange ham down center of dough, leaving a 3-inch border. Spread 1/2 cup spinach soufflé over ham. Top with sliced pepperoni. Spread 1/3 cup spaghetti sauce over pepperoni. Sprinkle with Italian blend cheese.
- Fold sides of dough over filling; pinch seams and ends to seal. Carefully transfer stromboli to a 18x12x1-inch jelly roll pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Combine remaining spinach soufflé and remaining spaghetti sauce in medium saucepan. Cook over low heat 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Pour into a serving dish, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Slice stromboli, and serve with warm spinach-tomato sauce.
Makes 5 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.