Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
A big, Italian-style steak and mozzarella
cheese turnover made with bread dough, served sliced. A great
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
Salt and pepper to taste
1 green pepper, sliced thin
2 onions, sliced thin
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- Press thawed dough out on a lightly greased
baking sheet to cover entire sheet.
- Sauté onions and peppers in butter
and olive oil until tender and the onions are golden in color.
- Cook Steak-umms until brown, according
to package directions, seasoning with salt and pepper as desired.
- Place Steak-umms in middle of bread dough.
Put onions and peppers on top. Sprinkle cheese on top of onions.
Sprinkle the Italian dressing on top of cheese. Fold over bread
dough and pinch ends.
- Bake in a 400°F (205°C) oven for
15 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
*Available in your grocer's freezer section.
(These are very thin frozen raw slices of beef.)