Sweet and Sour Catfish Pizza Wrap
Recipe provided courtesy of The Catfish Institute.
4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
4 (7-inch) prepared pizza dough rounds
1/2 cup julienne red bell pepper
1/2 cup julienne green pepper
1/3 cup pitted and chopped green olives
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons pineapple juice
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- To Prepare Per Serving: Hold pizza dough on both sides, stretch round into an 11-inch rectangle.
- Place dough on grill over medium heat and cook (1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side) using tongs to turn.
- Cut catfish into desired size strips to be wrapped. Fry, broil, bake, or blacken catfish and hold warm in 200°F (93.3°C) oven or warming drawer (fried catfish pictured ).
- In a bowl toss together bell peppers, green peppers, olives and onions. Set mixture aside.
- In another bowl whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, pineapple juice, vinegar, and garlic
- Toss vegetable mixture with 133 cup hoisin dressing.
- Lay grilled pizza dough on flat work surface. Top with 1/3 cup vegetable mixture, 2 tablespoons dressing and top with 2 hot catfish strips. Roll sandwich and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Catfish Institute.