This unique burger is topped with the flavors of Thailand: peanut butter, lime juice and hoisin with the crunch of cabbage.
1 pound 80% lean ground beef
1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice - divided use
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon hot chili sauce
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Salt and ground black pepper
4 whole wheat or white hamburger buns, split
- Combine cabbage and 1 tablespoon lime juice in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine ground beef, green onion, ground ginger and hot sauce in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet; cook 10 to 12 minutes until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center
- Meanwhile, combine peanut butter, hoisin sauce, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice and sesame oil in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place 1 burger on bottom half of each bun; top evenly with peanut butter mixture and cabbage mixture. Close sandwiches.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 850 calories; Protein: 64 grams; Fat: 37 grams; Sodium: 1800 milligrams; Cholesterol: 170 milligrams; Saturated Fat: 14 grams; Carbohydrates: 55 grams; Fiber: 6 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.