Turkey Tea Sandwiches
Dainty tea sandwiches spread with a gingery butter spread with tender sliced turkey, toasted pine nuts, dried cranberries and crisp lettuce.
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
12 slices good white bread, crusts removed
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1/4 cup dried cranberries
8 ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey
6 lettuce leaves
- Combine butter and ginger until well blended.
- Spread about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the butter mixture on one side of each of the 12 pieces of bread.
- Sprinkle pine nuts and cranberries over all.
- Arrange the sliced turkey on top of 6 of the bread slices. Top with a lettuce leaf. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles.
Makes 24 tea sandwiches.
- To toast pine nuts, place a small skillet on medium heat 1 to 2 minutes. Add pine nuts. Cook 2 minutes or until fragrant and beginning to lightly brown, stirring constantly.
- Substitute watercress for the lettuce.
Recipe provided courtesy of Butterball, LLC.