This homemade raspberry vinegar makes a great gift, especially when presented in decorative bottles with custom-crafted corks. The bright red raspberry vinegar is so pretty, you'll want to use clear glass bottles to show it off.
2 cups fresh raspberries*
2 (17-pounce) bottles white wine vinegar
2 (3-inch) sticks cinnamon
1/2 cup honey
- Combine raspberries and vinegar in a non-metal bowl; cover and let stand 8 hours.
- Transfer to a large saucepan and add cinnamon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in honey; let cool.
- To Bottle: Pour through a large wire-mesh strainer into glass bottles, discarding raspberries and cinnamon sticks.
- Store at room temperature 2 weeks.
Makes 1 quart
*1 (16-ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed and drained may be substituted. Makes 3 1/2 cups.
Adapted from a recipe from Southern Living.