Baked or grilled individual foil packets filled with lime and fajita-seasoned salmon strips on a bed of salsa-coated bell pepper strips, onion slices and black beans.
4 sheets (12 x 18-inches each) Heavy Duty Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil
1 1/2 pounds skinless Alaska salmon fillets, thawed if necessary
1 lime, juiced
1 package fajita or taco seasoning mix
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 large bell peppers, seeded and cut in thin strips
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup green, cilantro or chipotle salsa (or your favorite flavor salsa)
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). or grill to medium-high.
- Cut Alaska salmon fillets crosswise into 1/2-inch strips. Squeeze lime juice over salmon. Combine salmon strips, fajita seasoning and flour; set aside.
- Combine peppers, onion, beans and salsa.
- Center one-fourth of pepper mixture on each sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil. Top with salmon strips.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make four packets.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven or Grill 9 to 11 minutes in covered grill.
Makes 4 servings.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with warm tortillas, additional salsa and shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.