Alaska Seafood with Orzo
Individual foil packets, filled with scallops, orzo (rice-shaped pasta), artichoke hearts, cherry tomato halves, seasoned with lemon, garlic and fresh dill, are baked or grilled and served with a garnish of crumbled feta cheese.
4 sheets aluminum foil
1 pound raw Alaskan scallops
3 cups cooked orzo pasta
1 (13.75-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
2 cups cherry tomato halves
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, or 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C) or grill to medium-high.
- Combine scallops, orzo, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and dill.
- Center one-fourth of mixture on each sheet of foil.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat
circulation inside. Repeat to make four packets.
- To Bake: Bake 14 to 18 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven.
- To Grill: Grill 9 to 11 minutes in covered grill.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.