Asian Shrimp and Snow Peas Stir Fry Supper
This is a wonderful seafood medley of color, textures and flavors. Serve it with hot jasmine rice.
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon peeled and minced gingerroot
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 pound snow peas, ends trimmed
1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine chicken stock, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, cornstarch and sesame oil in small bowl; mix well and set aside.
- In large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat; add garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauté until pink, about 3 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add snow peas and water chestnuts; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add stock mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until liquid has thickened and is no longer cloudy, about 3 more minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
Makes 4 servings.