Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Elegant baked potatoes stuffed with smoked
Baked Potatoes Stuffed
with Smoked Salmon Souffle
- 4 large baking potatoes
Sea salt flakes
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, cut into strips
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 tablespoon capers, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
4 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and finely chopped
1 tablespoon butter, diced
1/3 cup whole milk
2 large eggs, separated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly, shaking
off most of the water. Prick them all over with a fork and sprinkle
with sea salt flakes. (This is optional but creates a wonderful
tasting crispy crust.)
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F
(205°C) for about 1 hour or until cooked through. Reduce
the oven temperature to 350°F (175°C).
- In a bowl, combine the salmon, chives,
capers and sun-dried tomatoes and reserve.
- While the potatoes are still hot, cut
off a 1/2-inch slice lengthwise and discard or reserve for another
purpose. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch
shell. Push the scooped out flesh through a potato ricer, food
mill, or sieve into a large bowl.
- Place potato shells on a cookie sheet.
- Add the butter to the potato flesh and
mix well to incorporate.
- Heat the milk to just below boiling point,
then beat into the potato mixture. Beat the egg yolks and add
to the potato, mixing well. Stir in the reserved salmon mixture
and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
Fold in a third of the beaten egg whites to loosen the mixture,
then gently fold in the rest.
- Spoon the mixture back into the shells,
heaping the tops. Bake on cookie sheet in preheated oven for
15 to 20 minutes until slightly risen and lightly browned on
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.