Baked Halibut with Lemon Cream Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Hass Avocados from Mexico.
2 fully ripened avocados
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
3/4 cup heavy cream - divided use
2 large eggs
1/2 cup prepared salsa
1 cup all-purpose flour
6 halibut fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- In a food processor, combine 2 avocado halves, lemon juice, onion powder and garlic salt; process until chopped. With machine running, slowly add 1/4 cup of the cream; process until smooth. Chill until ready to serve.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs. Add remaining 1/2 cup cream and salsa; whisk until blended. Place flour in another bowl. Lightly coat halibut with flour; coat with egg mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Add enough oil to large skillet to cover bottom; heat over medium-high heat. Add half of the fillets; cook, turning once, until browned on both sides. Transfer to large baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining fillets, adding more oil if needed.
- Bake until fillets are just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Cut remaining avocado in thin slices. Place halibut on plates and pipe or spoon sauce around edge; garnish with avocado slices.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Hass Avocados from Mexico; mexhassrecipes.com.