Baked Salmon over Apple-Ginger Quinoa
A sophisticated weeknight dinner, these flavorful salmon fillets are coated in a delicious apple juice-based marinade and baked to perfection. Drizzle remaining marinade over salmon and serve over fluffy apple-ginger quinoa.
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® All Natural 100% Juice - divided use
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 1/2 teaspoons peeled, grated fresh ginger - divided use
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
4 (about 6 ounces each) salmon fillets
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped shallots or onion
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup ivory quinoa, rinsed
1 cup water
1 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
Ground black pepper
Sliced green onions (optional)
- Whisk 2 tablespoons Juicy Juice, soy sauce, honey, 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger, vinegar and sesame oil. Reserve half of mixture for serving. Pour remaining mixture into shallow pie plate. Add salmon and turn to coat. Cover; marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Line baking sheet with foil.
- Heat olive oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in quinoa; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in water, remaining 1 cup Juicy Juice, bouillon and remaining 1 teaspoon ginger. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork; cover to keep warm.
- Place salmon on prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with pepper. Discard marinade.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Drizzle reserved marinade over salmon; serve with apple-ginger quinoa.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: You can easily adapt this unique baked fish recipe to include most firm, white fish fillets, including swordfish, sole, halibut, or red snapper.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 510 Calories from Fat: 160 Total Fat: 17 g Saturated Fat: 2.5 g Cholesterol: 95 mg Sodium: 990 mg Carbohydrates: 46 g Dietary Fiber: 3 g Sugars: 12 g Protein: 41 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.