Deep Fried Clams
Crispy, deep-fried baby clams with a spicy kick of cayenne.
2 cups finely crushed saltine crackers
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground marjoram
2 large eggs
1 (10-ounce) can whole baby clams, drained
Vegetable oil for frying
- Mix cracker crumbs, poultry seasoning, salt, cayenne, garlic powder and marjoram in large plastic bag; set aside.
- Beat eggs slightly in small mixing bowl. Gently stir in clams.
- Remove a few clams with a slotted spoon and add to cracker mixture. Shake to coat well. Remove clams from cracker mixture; set aside. Repeat with remaining clams.
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil in deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375°F (190°C).
- Fry a few clams at a time, about 30 seconds, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
Makes 2 to 4 servings.