Fish Globes (Fritters)
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
12 ounces whiting or coley fillets, skinned and finely chopped
3/4 pound potatoes, cooked and mashed
2 tablespoons milk
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 large eggs
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
8 ounces fresh wholemeal (whole grain) bread crumbs
3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2/3 cup vegetable oil
Lime wedges, for garnish
- In a large bowl combine the fish, potatoes, milk and seasoning.
- Divide the mixture into 12 to 15 portions. Dust hands well with flour and shape into globes.
- Mix together the bread crumbs and parsley. Coat the fish globes in egg and then the bread crumb mixture.
- Chill the fish globes in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and fry the fish for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with tomato sauce.
Makes 12 to 15 globes (fritters).
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.